Delivery Installation (3 days) / Sales Assistant (2 Days)
At Blaines we are always looking to grow and develop our strengthening team. We are seeking a flexible and focused addition to our team who will have a dual job role of Delivery Assistant and Sales Assistant.
This is a dual role job and the 3:2 split may vary upon staffing.
- Be smartly presented for either role, in store smart shirt / t shirt and trousers and shoes. On the delivery van black work trousers and black t shirt.
- This is a physical manual role, and you must be able to lift and move heavy products. The ability to help and aid moving items into and out of customers houses.
- Be polite and courteous to customers. Meet and greet customers and listen to their needs.
- Use the telephone with a smile and happy tone of voice.
- Have a good understanding of MS Office and be a confident communicator.
- Always be motivated, making sure all customers are served quickly & efficiently with all messages taken correctly with full details and correct telephone numbers.
- You must be ready to commence work by 08:00hrs and finish approximately at 17:00hrs for the delivery team and 08:30 to 17:30 within the showrooms. On the odd occasion you may over run but this is the nature of the job.
- Have and develop an understanding for the products and appliances we sell and install.
- Accept that sometimes you will get a bit dirty and grubby.
- Ensure at the end of each day that all delivery vehicles / showrooms are clean of scrap, packaging, and personal rubbish.
- To keep up to date with developments in electrical and home improvements.
- Ability to drive the Blaines Vans (Over 25 for insurance purposes) – Not Essential
- Be of smart and presentable appearance.
- Previous experience or willingness to learn of heavy lifting and manual handling.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Understanding of basic plumbing and electrical work – Not Essential
- Play an active role within the company, being proactive with customers instead of reactive to problems.
- Be up to date with modern trends and technology.